Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Growing in Unity Day 3: Good Vibes!

Halfway there?! Yikes! Today I'm celebrating the halfway point with another fun card.


Unicorns & Rainbows is a cute, silly stamp set. I bought it because of the great slider card potential but I haven't made a slider yet (whoops). Instead I've mailed a few Unicorn farts (hee) and this week I made these cuties.


I had a lot of fun making the background. It was the first time I've used texture paste. I didn't have any stencils, so I made my own using a paper punch with multiple sized stars. I let the stars rest overnight and then I broke out my Distress spray stains again.


The background is so busy that I made a simple banner (and I'm conflicted about it--I feel like it needed something more) and a happy unicorn on vellum to finish the bright, whimsy theme. I colored the unicorn with my daughter's markers because mine are in storage and watercolors make the vellum wrinkle.

Good Vibes is another Unity stamp but it came to me via a grab bag. It actually says "Sending You Good Vibes" but I used washi to mask the upper half of the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today!

21 Comments:

At March 15, 2017 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Moongirl said...

Oh, he's so cute! Love the background.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Yet another use for washi tape! Love the colors in the background.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Denise Hartley said...

Pretty! I like the way you made the sentiment your own too.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 1:27 PM , Blogger terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

cute card!!

 
At March 15, 2017 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Rebecca Yahrling said...

Yay to a fun, purple unicorn!! Cute.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Mildred Pena said...

Love the combination of colors.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Merika Cheah said...

So fun! My unicorn loving friend would love it if I send her a card like this!

 
At March 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Denise S. said...

Cute card. I use the masking technique on some of my sentiments too. It is great to make them more useful.

 
At March 15, 2017 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Geniva Robles said...

Wow! Love the colors! 💜 Love gold and unicorns 🦄 Just so fun! Thanks for sharing. 💜

 
At March 15, 2017 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Denise Bryant said...

Love these colors and the adorable unicorn!

 
At March 16, 2017 at 3:08 AM , Blogger Helen Mazengarb said...

Cute card, love the colours in the background.

 
At March 16, 2017 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Jennifer Scull said...

truly magical! love love love this!!! :)

 
At March 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Beth F. said...

These cards are so much fun! I don't have stencils either, so I love your tip of making my own!

 
At March 16, 2017 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Kimber Lamm said...

Wow

 
At March 16, 2017 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Theresa Nachbar said...

Sooo cute! 😍 Love the background colors.

 
At March 16, 2017 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Theresa Nachbar said...

Sooo cute! 😍 Love the background colors.

 
At March 16, 2017 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

This card is so cute! Love the background!

 
At March 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Dorothy Green said...

I have never worked with texture paste either; is it very hard? Thanks for the tip about using your punch to create a stencil for your stars; great idea. Love this card!

 
At March 17, 2017 at 1:09 PM , Blogger sharon g said...

Oh, how I love the gold with the purple. What a great, magical look.

 
At March 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM , Blogger SHELLY LINDGREN said...

Love the color palette 🎨. Fun.

 
At March 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Lisa Burke said...

I have the set and wanted to see how you made it...so I stopped by...now I gotta go look at all your others!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home