Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Inspired by garden snails!

I finally reworked my blog (long after photobucket nixed hosting photos). The current layout isn't permanent but I wanted to throw something together so I could start blogging again. Perfectly imperfect, much like the card I made for this week's Inspired By... Challenge! This week the image is a lovely garden snail and I had the perfect stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. to make a card.


Naturally You is a cheerful stamp set with a few cute critters and greenery. This is the first time I used it and I can't wait to make more cards with this adorable snail. I watercolored this one on Canson XL watercolor paper and used Distress inks to watercolor.


This is not a perfect card. It's a card with a purpose (challenge submission!) and it is messy and imperfect. I am trying to embrace my flaws, this card included. Despite the overlapping colors and the fact that I used the back of the die cut, I am going to be proud & share THIS card, instead of remaking it.

Here's to getting back in the habit of creating and sharing regularly! Don't forget to check out the other challenge submissions, too!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Same snail I used. Love it! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather C/Bri: your card is the winner for Inspired By's garden snail theme! Laurel's selected your card!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete